Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ikea knows best...

... how to drive u crazy!

2 chipped finger nails, 2 mugs of coffee, power drills, complaining neighbours, 50 song playlist on the iPod, & a patient husband is what it took to assemble 1 chest of drawers & 1 wall mirror.
And were not handicap or stupid, the damn instruction booklet is made for monkeys. They list 1 line in English (& then about 27 more languages) - like - oh btw, we didn't include wall screws. But hey, where is the warning that u are going to lose your mind before you're done assembling your purchase?!? (note to Ikea: tiny disclaimer missing!?!)

Don't get me wrong, I love the place for it's swank & affordable buys, but seriously - what the hell -
my chest of drawers cost $100 bucks & we put in $200 bucks worth of labor into it??? For $300 I think I could have a bought myself a much more ornate pre-assembled chest of drawers.

You ask yourself the routine question - bang for your buck? I think I'm blinded by the possibility of using those 200 bucks to shop for other accessories versus labor (especially when you have a patient husband). But once u assemble that chest and lose your sanity, you tell yourself never again... only until you drive by Ikea again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts? Please share your comments/suggestions/concerns/questions below.