Saturday, April 9, 2011

Celebrating Sachin :)

After a 6 month hiatus, I'm gonna try & rekindle that appetite to write useless crap again. Reading all those beautiful crafted articles about Indian cricket, Sachinism, sportsmanship, and patriotism, has made me all nostalgic and is awakening that spark to self express once again. (Psssstt, I've got a couple more posts typed out in my head, just have to transfer them onscreen, soon OK, pretty soon…)

And oh, b-t-w – I’m back as a Mrs now. So if your reading my blog just to find out my whereabouts to hit on me, no point dude, may as well save yourself some time and read some other pretty girl’s blog.

It truly was (and still is) sad that we (newly wed Dhampathigallu) couldn’t be home to be part of these awesome celebrations, but heck, make the best of the situation, right? {My Gandu wanted to travel back just to watch the finals live, cause cricket & Sachin Tendulkar are on top of list, even before moi (no, I’m not kidding, & I’ve come to terms with it, so you will have to as well!), but as luck would have it, we couldn’t travel cause of visa issues :( } So ever since the schedule of matches came out, I’d been hoping & praying that the world cup final (which coincided with my Gandu’sbirthday) would include India vs. whichever X team. And when India kicked some Pakistan booty, I was on my way to execute a themed out birthday party! What’s the theme you ask? Sachin Tendulkar and some Indian World Cup extravaganza thrown in with that. Bleeding blue all the way: blue jello shots, blue beer, blue cake (a Sachin Tendulkar one that too); India flags, India posters, and some new blue apartment decor!

So, as all the Indians celebrated Sachin Tendulkar & the Indian Team, I wanted to celebrate my hero, Sachin Mahesh. And what a fun celebration it was! Of course the icing on the cake was India bringing theWorld Cup home, and giving a billion of us Indians reason to rejoice.

What ruined the icing on Sachin’s face – was the cops showing up at our door. Twice. Let’s just say, it was a dawn to remember.

Signing off with a very respectable memo to my neighbors, “We’re NOT sorry about the noise. I had intimated you 3 days in advance. India doesn’t win the world cup that often, and grown men don’t shed tears that often either, so kindly stick your attitude elsewhere.”

[Gandu = the equivalent of my man/prince charming in Kannada

Dhampathigallu = the equivalent of Husband & wife couple in Kannada]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts? Please share your comments/suggestions/concerns/questions below.